1215 Town Centre Drive, Suite 130
Eagan, MN 55123
Phone: 651.287.8888

MSP’s HealthEast Midway Clinic to be honored in Finance and Commerce

HealthEast Midway - 1390 University Ave. West, St. Paul, MN

HealthEast Midway – 1390 University Ave. West, St. Paul, MN

On May 29, 2013, Finance and Commerce announced it’s top projects for 2012.  There were over 70 nominations from around the state of MN, all projects having been completed in 2012.  The HealthEast Midway Clinic will be featured in Finance and Commerce in the Friday, August 9th, 2013 issue.

After the major book retailer, Borders, went into bankruptcy and closed its Midway location, HealthEast felt they finally found their new location.  MSP Commercial, a commercial real estate developer specializing in medical buildings, bought the building for $2.25 million and started planning with HealthEast right away.

 

With two floors and 23,000 square feet to renovate, MSP and HealthEast had a lot of help.  Minnetonka-based Welsh Construction provided the architecture and construction for the shell while Minneapolis-based HGA Architecture acted as the interior architect.  Anderson-Urlacher P.A. of Minneapolis was contracted through Welsh Construction as the engineer.  The interior went under many renovations including skylights and patient friendly touches (no more weighing patients in the public hallways).  The exterior was also treated to an update with heated sidewalks by the main entrance so patrons don’t run the risk of slipping and falling.

 

The location was very attractive to HealthEast and MSP on many levels.  Located on the corners of Hamline and University Avenues, the new Midway clinic is centrally located between Minneapolis and St. Paul.  Neighbors like Super Target, Herberger’s and Walmart make it a destination location for patrons.  It is also located two blocks from where the Central Corridor light rail will be making it convenient for those patrons reliant on public transit.

 

The HealthEast Midway Clinic is a prime example of the successful conversion of a retail space into a class “A” medical building.  Construction started in November 2011 and was completed in April 2012.

Share